A sustainable approach to our work
We’re confident that our sustainable approach to working not only minimises our impact on the environment, but also helps to keep our company running costs low. This means that we can pass these savings on to our customers.
We’re proud to recycle 100% of our tree surgery and woodland management waste and where possible, convert this waste into useful products that benefit the local community.
When supplying new materials, we use recycled or sustainably sourced wherever possible and always try to supply locally sourced and/or FSC certificated timber.
We use biodegradable lubricants and chain oil in all our equipment to help protect the environment. This is especially important when we are working around ponds, rivers, streams and wet woodlands. The chain oil we use is the best of its kind, with 80% of the oil degrading in just 21 days.
Our office is also sustainably managed, using recycled paper, low energy consumption equipment, biodegradable cleaning products, and is even heated using our own firewood.
Here are just some of the ways we recycle:
- Wood chip is used as a biomass fuel to power various power stations. We supply Thetford forest power station to help with the production of green energy
- Garden waste such as grass cuttings/leaf rakings is mulched and processed into compost
- Offcut brushwood and branches can be made into habitat piles and ‘bug hotels’ so that insects and small mammals can make a new home
- Woodland management by-products, such as coppice poles, are reused as hedging stakes and fencing timber
- Our special and decorative timber can be used to make garden furniture and other external and internal features